By accessing the Website, the User consents unequivocally to the Data Collection and related practices as described in this Policy. Any change to this Policy (each new version will be numbered accordingly) will be effective immediately and will apply to the User on their next visit to the Website. The clauses of this Policy are without prejudice to any contractual terms that may be entered into with Us by the User, which will prevail over the terms of the Policy.
The COSC can update this Policy when appropriate and should indicate on the Website that changes have been made and when.
- DATA COLLECTION
- USING DATA
- Most of Our services do not require any form of registration, which allows Users to visit Our Website without identification However, some services may require registration. To register with Us, it may be necessary to fill in some fields, as well as to choose a username and a password. If Users choose to refrain from providing Us with the Data requested by Us, access to certain parts of our Website may be denied.
- We collect Data from Our Users to enable the COSC to customize the use of the Website, to provide assistance in the use of the Website and, in general, to improve the Website. We may collect and use Data to charge for our Services, to inform Users of events, announcements, services, or to communicate with Users for other purposes, such as compliant processing, etc. We may, in accordance with the choices made by the User for data protection issues, make the necessary arrangements to send Users information about related COSC services and carefully selected third parties (see Section 3). You will be able to update the answers to Your questions at any time.
- In addition, We may use the User's data to improve our Services, our own internal Statistics and our Operations, to assess client interests, as well as customer trends, and to better determine Service development, business strategies and customer service. Please note that We expressly reserve the right to verify the accuracy of the User's data, in particular regarding the contact details (postal address, email, telephone, etc.), financial information and use of Our services. By providing Us with personal information, Users expressly consent to the use and verification in question.
- Please note, however, that most of the information collected on Our Website is anonymous (for example, browser type, operating systems, date and time of access) and may be processed by Us without the User's knowledge or constent, in order to help Us improve the content of our Website and to know more about the behaviour of Our visitors. In doing so, we may use tracing technology (e.g. cookies, which are small blocks of information sent to Your browser and saved on Your computer's hard drive, which cannot be used individually for discover Your identity).
- NON-COMMUNICATION OF INFORMATION / NO-SPAM POLICY
- If you give Your consent, the COSC will forward Your details to third parties who may then occasionally send You information, offers and services that may be of interest to You.
- Data may occasionally be transferred to third parties acting for or on behalf of the COSC, for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which Your Data was originally collected. Where disclosure of Data to such third parties is likely or necessary for any reason, we endeavour to ensure that such third parties provide a level of protection equivalent to that of the COSC in relation to the Data and, where appropriate, We shall oblige them contractually to process the Data transferred only for the purposes authorised by You and in a confidential and secure manner.
- The COSC does not send "spam". The sending of spam is defined as the sending of unsolicited e-mails, usually of a commercial nature, in large numbers and repeatedly to natural persons with whom the sender has no prior contact or who have not consented to receive such communication
- SECURITY / CONFIDENTIALITY
- Securing Your Data is very important to Us, and certain sections of the Website will be able to encrypt Data using SSL or a similar standard. In order to improve the security and privacy of the Data we collect online, We use secure data networks, including firewalls that meet industry standards, and passwords. We undertake to take all reasonable steps to prohibit access to Your Data to third parties other than those authorised under this Policy (see Section 3).
- However, please be aware that in general the Internet is not a secure environment and that the total security of an Internet data transmission can never be guaranteed.
- Although We make every effort to protect Your personal information, We cannot guarantee the confidentiality of the Data provided by You or of the elements transmitted via Our Website or by e-mail. Thus, We cannot be responsible for the security of Your Data while they are transiting via the Internet.
- ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You have the right to access and update your Data, or to request its deletion at any time by sending Us a message using the contact form.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- As a service to our visitors, our Website may provide hypertext links to other websites that are not managed or controlled by the COSC. The COSC cannot be held responsible for the content of these websites, nor for the privacy policies of these other parties. We encourage You to review and understand the privacy policies of these other parties before providing them with personal information.
- DATA AND CHILDREN
- Our Website is intended for general audiences and is not designed or intended to collect Data from persons under the age of 18 ("Children"). In order to respect the privacy of Children and the laws intended to protect them, Children must refrain from providing any Data to this Website. We ask parents to supervise their children when they are online. The COSC will refrain from knowingly collecting, using or disclosing Data from a Child without the prior consent of a person with parental responsibility (parent, guardian).
- APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
- This Policy, as well as your access to our Website, is governed by Swiss law, without giving effect to the principles of private international law of the latter. Any litigation relating to this policy or to the management of Your Data is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the ordinary courts of the Canton of Neuchâtel, Switzerland, with the exception of the appeal to the Swiss Federal Court
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding our compliance with this Policy, or if You would like to make recommendations or remarks to improve the quality of our Policy, please contact the COSC at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavour to reply without delay.
COSC - Official Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute, Avenue Léopold-Robert 65, 2300 La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland