- A not-for-profit association officially recognised as serving the public interest.
- exclusively serving Swiss watchmaking.
- Approximately 60 permanent and 70 auxiliary employees employed by the 3 observation laboratories.
- An organisation accredited by the Swiss Accreditation Service (SAS) in Berne.
- Operates 7 days a week, about 350 days a year.
- More than 2 million timekeeping instruments tested per year.
- Maximum testing capacity of an observation laboratory: about 60,000 pieces per day.
- Only about 15% of all Swiss watches exported have the title of certified chronometer.
- Approximately 39% of the exported mechanical wrist watches are certified chronometers.